Establishing a Branch Campus of Metro Atlanta Seminary
Metro Atlanta Seminary (MAS) recognizes that God is on the move to expand His kingdom. To keep in step with this movement, our vision is to increase the number of equipped Christian leaders who will bring kingdom impact to where they live, work, and play. MAS is purposed to assist other Christian organizations in kingdom growth by walking alongside them to establish non-traditional seminary experiences in their communities.
Our affiliate program provides students with an opportunity for a local seminary experience in which they are being prepared to immediately and effectively serve. The MAS program also benefits students by being:
- Affordable – The total tuition cost of a Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree is approximately $9,000 and even less for the Master of Arts degrees.
- Accelerated – All the Master degrees can be completed in three years.
- Accredited – MAS is fully accredited through the Association of Reformed Theological Seminaries (ARTS).
The affiliate program allows organizations to benefit from MAS’ experience and alternative approach to quality seminary training. Interested organizations share the MAS accreditation and many of its important resources. Currently, three affiliates are in place with over 90 students enrolled and actively pursuing degrees.
While affiliates start off with the MDiv over time they can broaden their offerings. MAS currently offers the following degree programs:
- Certificate in Christian Studies
- Diploma in Biblical Counseling
- Bachelor of Theology (graduates of the MDiv program that do not have an undergraduate degree)
- Master of Arts in Biblical Studies
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies
- Master of Divinity
- Doctorate of Ministry
The essential requirements for those organizations that are interested in affiliating with MAS are as follows:
- The organization must adhere to one or more of the historic belief statements of the Reformed tradition: the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms, the Belgic Confession, the Heidelberg Catechism, the Canons of Dordt, the First or Second Helvetic Confessions, and/or the Second London Confession of 1689.
- The organization must be committed to providing a complete seminary experience that aligns with the MAS academic, practical application, and one-on-one mentoring offerings.
- The organization must include a team of persons committed to the successful launch and long-term viability of the seminary.
Interested organizations are encouraged to contact MAS to learn more about the affiliate program by emailing us at email@example.com.