Thank you for your interest in Metro Atlanta Seminary! We are pleased that you are considering attending our seminary. Below you will find general information about admissions here at MAS. If you do not find the answers to questions you may have, please do not hesitate to contact us!
All applicants must meet the academic qualifications for their intended program of study (further information about our programs of study can be found here Degree Programs.) Applicants are also assessed before entry to establish that they are Christians who are maturing spiritually by providing references who can complete and submit online a Reference Form. Applicants should be in good standing with their local church, and in a reasonable state of health.
Documents Required for Admission
- Application Form (available electronically or in paper form – visit our Application page for more info)
- Three References
- Photograph (Which can be attached to the online application)
- Official copy of High School Diploma or GED (B.Th. only) *
- Official transcript(s) from any tertiary institutions (If you wish to transfer credit into MAS, please include a catalog or website information from that college. Please be sure it includes course descriptions). No more than 10 hours can be transferred into the program.
- $100 application fee (Must accompany application if mailed. If application is submitted electronically, your application will not be considered complete until we receive the application fee, which can be mailed or paid in our store via PayPal).
Closing Dates for Applications
We will accept applications throughout the year, however, once the academic year has commenced, registration may be limited due to class size. New students should have as comprehensive a knowledge of the Bible as possible before admission.
Payment of Fees
You can view the MAS Tuition & Fees below to see the costs involved with attending classes at Metro Atlanta Seminary. Students are expected to pay all fees for each term on the day of registration. If a payment schedule is needed, terms can be arranged. All fees must be fully paid before a student can start another term or graduate.
MAS Tuition & Fees
Students are expected to pay all fees for each term on the day of registration. If a payment schedule is needed, terms can be arranged with the business manager. All fees must be fully paid before a student can start another term or graduate. Listed below are all fees associated with attending MAS (to make payment go to the Menu and “Fees”):
- $100 Application Fee
- $165 per credit hour (Tuition)
- $55 Language Fee for those students taking Hebrew and Greek Courses and do not own the LOGOS software.
- $200 graduation fee
- All students are required, prior to starting their language courses (Hebrew and Greek) to purchase LOGOS software or pay a fee to use LOGOS each term involving Hebrew or Greek. Information is provided to all students prior to taking a language.
When you checkout you will have the opportunity to pay by check or credit card using our PayPal link. If you are paying by check, please send your check to:Joe White Executive Director Metro Atlanta Seminary
5794 Park Central Avenue
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
(Due to the generosity of Christians committed to the work at MAS, limited funds are available as scholarships. Find out more about financial aid assistance here).
Due to the generosity of Christians committed to the work at MAS, limited funds are available as scholarships. Find out more about financial aid assistance here.
Refunds of tuition will be given on the following basis:
- 75% if dropped prior to the second class
- 50% after the end of the second night of class but before the third
- 0% if cancelled after the end of the third night.
Each student pursuing an M.Div. or B.Th. will be involved in completing a Practicum Tract. It is requires that a student be involved in a local church or Christian ministry each academic year in order to complete their Tract. Whereas the Academic portion of the degree programs account for 36 credit hours, the Practicum also accounts for 36 credit hours. The remainder of the 84 credit hours to graduate are accomplished through your Mentoring experience.
Metro Atlanta Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, gender, disability, or age.
Registration & Orientation
As we anticipate the arrival of all new and returning students, MAS arranges a full schedule of orientation activities at the beginning of each year. We strive to provide an atmosphere of Christian unity and fellowship as the faculty, staff, and returning students help to familiarize new students the program, and various ministry opportunities. Seminars on study helps may also be offered from time to time. Registration is completed online and is generally encouraged at least 2-3 weeks before each term.
General – Metro Atlanta Seminary does not provide personal insurance. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that he or she is covered in case of sickness or injury.
Indemnity – Students will be expected to sign an indemnity form at the beginning of their studies each year by acknowledging that they have read and agree to the terms found in the Student Handbook.
Transfer of Credit Policy
MAS will accept transfer of credit from all accredited schools provided the content of those credits line up with the content of MAS courses; bachelor’s level will be credited at bachelor’s level, and master’s level will be accredited at master’s level. A maximum of ten hours can be transferred into the program.
Applying is simple. To start you can complete and submit your application online.