The heart of MAS is to equip and train leaders for the church who will be able to meet the challenges of the 21st century. We believe that interactive classes, thought-provoking curriculum, and a healthy diet of real life ministry opportunities are the way to train leaders. We focus on the development of character and competence while helping students grow in their faith. We keep the classes small because we want an interactive and engaging learning environment. Head knowledge is good and needed but taking it to heart and actually applying it is our end goal.
Our vision is to educate and mentor students to become Christ-centered so that they will become leaders in the church, fulfilling the great commandment and the great commission.
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God and revelation of God. We therefore accept the trustworthiness of its historical records as inerrant in its original writings, the authority of its teachings, and the truth of all Christ’s utterances contained in it.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is therefore true God and true man.
- We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, voluntarily bearing our guilt and suffering as our substitute; and that all who believe in Him are now justified by His blood, and shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.
- We believe in His corporeal resurrection and ascension into Heaven, and His present life there as our Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God, and in consequence of the Fall all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe therefore in the universality and heinousness of sin, and in the necessity of being saved by grace, and that sonship with God is attained only by regeneration through the Holy Spirit, and faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the personality and the godhead of the Holy Spirit Who came down upon earth on the day of Pentecost, and in His offices to convict the world in respect of sin and of righteousness and of judgment, and to indwell believers as their Teacher, Sanctifier and Comforter.
- We believe in the Great Commission which our Lord has given to His Church to disciple the world; this is the great mission of the Church.
- We believe in “that blessed hope”, the personal return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; the judgment of the living and of the dead; the everlasting blessedness of the saved; and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- We hold to the system of doctrine as contained in the Westminster Confession and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.
Applying is simple. To start you can complete and submit your application online.